Monday, July 15, 2013

Legends of the Flight: Short stories #1

Hey guys, here's a sort of practice  round for the short stories.



“I was flying with Pidgeot, Charap, and Crobat. It was in the Forested, Forretress filled area down the way to Hentung. We had heard of the Forretress there, how they were said to be special ones. So I took a trip there on Crobat.”
Gilberto munched on some snacks I brought. The campfire glowed an orange-red light on his face and some of his cloak.
“So how come so few people visit it?” he asked.
“It’s protected.” I explained.
“Not a lot of people should go there in a year, ‘cause it disturbs the Pokemons’ dozing. I did a bit of research, checked the area for footprints, and concluded that not many had been there.”
Gilberto nodded in a sage way.
“Shut up.” I gave him a shove with my shoulder.
“And we saw many Forretress, which I thought weird, because they are supposedly secretive. It went downhill when Crobat and Charap sniffed out a Combee hive, and went to take a look.”
I could tell from Gilberto’s face that he knew all about Charap’s love of honey.
She had stolen some of his, I suspected. One day she had come to me with a self-satisfied look on her face and a sticky beak. I didn’t ask, because I didn’t want to know. But I had naturally come to the assumption from Gilberto’s grumpy look the next day, when I asked how his honey search in the Combee park had gone.
“Anyway, they knocked on the hive, and Combee wasn’t happy. Neither was the Vespiquen there. They managed to take some big globs of Honey before the Combee started stinging. Pidgeotto grabbed them, and the chase was on. I knew Crobat was faster, so I called the other two into their Pokeballs when I had managed to jump on to Crobat’s back. It was so fast! Crobat had never gone that fast before, ever, while I was on her back. I thought I was going to throw up.” I laughed at the memory, savoring the moment.
“And then?” Gilberto asked, offering me the snack bag.
I pushed it away, then took one after a second thought, and continued my story between chewing.
“Well, we got out of there, but not without a few stings, I found out later. The scent of honey was all over us when we got back to the park area before the Forretress path. Then this old guy there started yelling at us “didn’t we know how to catch a Pokemon, blah blah blah”, and then the Combee and Vespiquen caught up.
We started yelling at him to get away while he could, but then he went on a tirade about young kids who didn’t know how not to anger a Heracross. I think he knew we had SOMETHING to do with Honey Trees. He brought out a Pokeball and tried to demonstrate catching a Caterpie or Weedle or something on the tree, that I couldn‘t see very well from our hiding spot. He finally spotted the Pokemon coming for us, and he ran. A well saved us, after we jumped in. That is now one of my favorite wells.” I stopped to take some breaths.
“Wow.” Said Gilberto.
“That’s the craziest story I’ve heard in a while.”
I lay down.
“Yeah. I spotted the guy again a few days later. I tried to avoid eye contact, you know, ‘cause of the fact that it was our fault he got soaked AND chased by Bee Pokemon.”
Gilberto laughed a bit.
“And that’s not all.” I grinned. There’s a bit more to that story than I’d like to share. But maybe I’d drop a few hints..

No comments:

Post a Comment