Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Snowy wilderness

Dear readers,
As I am typing this, it is snowing outside, in my state, Arizona. I just came back in after having some snowy fun outside. It is perfect packing snow, and about 1 1/2 cm. thick so far. I made a snowball, and just put the snowball in the freezer.
While I was outside, I had time to muse on how global warming was affecting the planet, and how, if we don't act quickly, this unusual phenomenon could never happen again. In the arctic regions, right now, it is snowing there, too. But in there, it's different. The snow there is nessasary for their survival. It's not a pesky nuisance people shovel off the sidewalk, or a wonderful flurry people and animals play in. It's Life.
 As I threw a snowball into the air, I thought about how global warming affects our planet.
I urge you dear reader, please, please contribute to the prevention of further global warming. It's already here, and we need to stop it. 

I took a warm bubble bath halfway through writing this. The soap bubbles reminded me of snow. But the bubbles thrive in warm water, while the snow thrives in the cold.

I have a book with a wonderful poem about the winter. Unfortunately, it would be a copyright violation to post it here.
I hope you find your own poem in the snow, sand, or sky, wherever you are.
Sincerely,
Silvia Phenora

No comments:

Post a Comment